The County Card Scheme
What is the County Card Scheme?
The Derbyshire County Card Scheme enables Members of Affiliated Clubs, to play at other courses in Derbyshire and throughout most of England, at reduced Green Fee rates - sometimes by as much as 50%.
The scheme mirrors those which have been adopted in most County Unions and provides benefits to Club Members, Clubs and the County Union. Unlike Commercial 2 for 1 schemes ALL the income generated by the County Union goes straight back into the game at grass roots level by giving all our juniors a greatly reduced affiliation fee and to assist with the cost of coaching all our junior squads at U12,U14,U16 and U18 level.
Where can I use my County Card?
The Card may be used at the following affiliated Clubs in Derbyshire:
- Alfreton Golf Club,
- Allestree Park Golf Club,
- Ashbourne Golf Club,
- Bakewell Golf Club,
- Brailsford Golf Course,
- Breadsall Priory Golf & Country Club,
- Broughton Heath Golf Club,
- Burton-on-Trent Golf Club Ltd,
- Buxton & High Peak Golf Club,
- Cavendish Golf Club,
- Chapel-en-le-Frith Golf Club Ltd,
- Chesterfield Golf Club Ltd,
- Chevin Golf Club,
- Derby Golf Club,
- Erewash Valley Golf Club,
- Glossop & District Golf Club,
- Hope Works Golf Club,
- Horsley Lodge Golf Club,
- Ilkeston Borough Golf Club,
- Kedleston Park Golf Club Ltd,
- Matlock Golf Club,
- Mickleover Golf Club Ltd,
- Ormonde Fields Golf Club,
- Pastures Golf Club,
- Shirland Golf Club,
- South Chesterfield Golf Club,
- Stanedge Golf Club,
- Tapton Park Golf Club (see 'Member Clubs' page for contact details) ...
and in the 33 English Counties who currently subscribe to the County Card Scheme:
- Buckinghamshire & Oxford (BBO) ,
- Leicestershire & Rutland,
These County Unions have over 1,300 Clubs between
How much does the County Card cost?
For Men and Ladies the card is included in their affiliation fee.
How do I use the County Card?
County Card Members may play at least once at any of the Host Clubs
- Bookings must be made in advance with the Host Club. Restrictions on time and day of the week may apply. In general, bookings will not be accepted for weekends or Bank Holidays.
- County Card Members must have current handicaps and must agree to be bound by the rules of the Club being visited.
- he County Card may only be used for groups of up to 4 players and may not be used in connection with larger groups or societies.
- Card Members will be issued with a ‘County Card’ annually, which will contain details of how to contact all Clubs within the scheme.
- This list will be updated, from time to time, via the Derbyshire County Golf Ltd website.
How do I get my County Card?
Once affiliation fees have been paid by your Golf Club, cards will be distributed to all members during March and April.
Information for Host Clubs
The minimum commitment required is to accept a booking of one four-ball group per week on a day or time determined by the Club.
- The green fee to be charged is entirely at the discretion of the host Club.
- Typically, the green fee will be up to 50% of the visitor rate, or the same as the ‘guest’ green fee.
- Clubs may sign-up to this scheme for a minimum period of one year, which will be renewed automatically unless the Club decides to opt out of the scheme.