Ladies' Amateur Championship
Chesterfield Golf Club Sunday 26th May 2019
The 36 hole medal was hotly contested again at Chesterfield and its committee proved to be excellent hosts led by Lady Captain Barbara Sims and Captain Paul Bywater. After a long days golf, Lindsey Shaw of Chevin GC finished on top. The full results for the day are listed in the results section of the website.
Derbyshire Seniors' Championships
Buxton and High Peak Golf Club Monday 15th July 2019
The Men's Championship and the Ladies Championship were held on Monday 15th July at Buxton and High Peak GC. Everyone enjoyed a great day's golf and were well looked after by the Buxton team.
Congratulations to DCGL/MVLGA member, the Ladies winner, Catrin Russell who plays at Chevin GC.
The County would like to congratulate all prize winners and also the new Men's Senior Champion, Paul Longden of Buxton and High Peak GC, our current President.
Our 2019 County Champions are as follows:
- Boys Champion- Sam Potter (Breadsall Priory GC)
- Boys U16 Champion- Gavin Ingram (Kedleston Park GC)
- Boys U14 Champion- Tom Weeks (Burton on Trent GC)
- Girls Champion- Hannah Morrison (Chapel-en-le-Frith GC)
- Girls U16s Champion- Imogen Rafferty (Breadsall Priory GC)
- Girls U14s Champion- Olivia Streets (Chesterfield GC)
- Division 2 Boys Champion- Josh Rowland (Shirland GC)
Men's Amateur Championship
- Open to members who qualify as follows: handicap maximum 9
- The qualifications for playing in the Amateur Championship and County matches shall be by birth or membership of an affiliated Golf Club to Derbyshire County Golf provided that since 1st January of the preceding year the player has not taken part in a Golf Championship of another County Union or represented another County Union at Golf.
- Entrance fee : £25.00
- In the event of a tie there will be a play off immediately at the end of play. It will be over a selected 3 holes and if still tied will become sudden death until a result is obtained.
- Champion will represent Derbyshire at Woodhall Spa on 12th Sep.