Ladies' Amateur Championship
Chesterfield Golf Club Friday 3rd - Sunday 5th August 2018
The 36 hole medal was hotly contested on Friday 3rd August. Chesterfield and its committee proved to be excellent hosts led by Lady Captain Tracey Warwick and Captain Martin Bonynge. After a long days golf, Catrin Russell of Chevin GC finished on top. The full results for the day are below:
The draw was then carried out for the weekend's matchplay. Again everyone returned to Chesterfield bright and early on Saturday, if a little jaded from the previous day. The last four then eagerly contested the Semi-Finals on Sunday morning before Catrin Russell met Kim Bradbury of Cavendish GC in the afternoon's Final.
Entries to be limited up to and including 20 handicaps bona fide. The method of play to be decided by the County Executive Committee.
Derbyshire Seniors' Championships
Mickleover Golf Club Monday 16th July 2018
The Men's Championship and the Ladies Championship were held on Monday 16th July at Mickleover GC. The weather, as for most of this summer was glorious. Everyone enjoyed a great day's golf and were well looked after by the Mickleover team.
Congratulations to DCGL/MVLGA member, Catrin Russell who plays at Chevin GC. Catrin is having a good solid year as a Senior after performing well at the English Senior Women's Championship at the Hallamshire GC in May. She was also a member of the Derbyshire Ladies team who performed well at the MNR Inter County Week recently.
The County would like to congratulate all prize winners and also the new Men's Senior Champion, John Taylor of Ashbourne.
Thank you to Lady Captain Tres Lea, Captain Ted Harrison, the Halfway House Ladies and all those who helped make it a hugely successful day. A special thanks to Mickleover President Margaret Brooks, who along with Liz Outram and Tres, raised over £200 for the County via a raffle.
Breadsall Priory Golf Club - Sunday 8th July 2018
DCGL hope everyone involved enjoyed the Derbyshire Junior Championships at Breadsall Priory.
There were some incredible scores so congratulations to all of you.
Our 2018 County Champions are as follows:
- Boys Champion- Sam Potter (Breadsall Priory GC)
- Boys U16 Champion- Max Hughes (Erewash Valley GC)
- Boys U14 Champion- Taylor Coleman (Branston Golf & County Club)
- Girls Champion- Imogen Rafferty (Breadsall Priory GC)
- Girls U16s Champion- Lucy Pearson (Erewash Valley GC)
- Girls U14s Champion- Isobel Kelly (Erewash Valley GC)
- Division 2 Boys Champion- Quinn Tinkler (Breadsall Priory GC)
On behalf of the County we wish Sam, Taylor, Imogen and Isobel the best of luck in the Midland Champion of Champions Competition at Newark GC on Sunday 9th September. Imogen and Sam will also be representing Derbyshire in the England Champion of Champions- Best of Luck!!
Many thanks to Breadsall for hosting the event, and particular thanks goes to Dennis Hill and Shelia Bainbridge (Club Captains) and Paul Longdon (DCG President), Maggie Wylde and John Rawson (DCG Representatives).
Midland Girls' Championship
Patshull Park Golf Club, Shropshire Monday 13th August 2018
Open to female golfers who must be; under 18 years old on 1 January 2018, are members of a County Association within the Midlands North Region, have Amateur Status in accordance with the current R&A Rules Limited and who hold a COMPETITION CONGU Handicap.
Men's Amateur Championship
Breadsall Priory Golf Club Saturday 26th May 2018
- Open to members who qualify as follows: handicap maximum 9
- The qualifications for playing in the Amateur Championship and County matches shall be by birth or membership of an affiliated Golf Club to Derbyshire County Golf provided that since 1st January of the preceding year the player has not taken part in a Golf Championship of another County Union or represented another County Union at Golf.
- Entrance fee : £25.00
- In the event of a tie there will be a play off immediately at the end of play. It will be over a selected 3 holes and if still tied will become sudden death until a result is obtained.
- Champion will represent Derbyshire at Woodhall Spa on 15th Sept.
Under 16's Short Course Championship
Broughton Heath - Friday 27th July 2018